The Hartland Public Library invites YOU to join our Teen Advisory Board (TAB).
We will be accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year through Friday, August 18, 2023. Apply by filling out the TAB Application Form, or stopping by the Reference Desk. Members will be notified by Friday, August 25, 2023 about the first meeting. The first meeting is mandatory and will be held on [date to be determined]. New members are welcome.
What is the Teen Advisory Board?
TAB is a group of Library teen volunteers that not only helps the library and community, but also takes an active leadership role in implementing programs, promoting, and advocating for youth services in Hartland.
How do I join TAB?
- Ages: 13-178
- Attend at least 4 out of 5 meetings per semester (August-December and January-May)
- Apply by submitting TAB Application Form
What does being a member of the TAB mean?
- This is a yearly commitment, August through May of each year.
- Help design and lead (when applicable) Library programs
- Advise on Library projects and collections
- Make friends and have fun!
What do I gain from being on TAB?
- Earn volunteer/community service hours
- Learn important job skills, like teamwork, effective communication, and problem solving skills.
- Make new friends
- Grow your leadership skills
- Make your voice heard by sharing ideas with the Library community
Keep an open mind and a great attitude when confronted with people, situations, and/or opinions that might be unfamiliar. The Hartland Public Library Teen Advisory Board aims to be an inclusive group made up of middle and high school students from Hartland and its surrounding communities and includes teens who attend public, private, and/or home schools.