Curbside Pick-Up Service
Hartland Public Library Curbside Service
This service will be available from 9 am to 6 pm Monday - Friday and 9 am - 12 pm Saturday. To support social distancing, we are operating with a very limited staff. We appreciate your patience, as wait times may be longer than usual.
Here’s How It Works:
- Place your items on hold.
- Go to our catalog and place items you’d like on hold.
- All items must be on the shelf at Hartland Public Library.*
- Make sure the pickup location is set to Hartland Public Library as well.
- If you need assistance placing your holds, please call us at 262-367-3350.
- Please call the library to schedule a time for pick-up.
- We will do our best to get to everyone as quickly as possible, while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Come and get your items.
- During your scheduled pickup time, your items will be placed in a bag and put out on the table outside the front doors.
- Take only your bag, labeled with your name.
If you would like to return materials, please use the outside book and media drops.
In order to respect the need for social distancing, patrons and staff should not approach one another when you come to pick up your items. This may feel uncomfortable, but it is necessary to maintain safe conditions for everyone. Please feel free to call us at 262-367-3350 if you have questions or concerns about picking up your items.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I place a hold over the phone?
Yes! Just call give us a call 262-367-3350. If we are busy, try back.
How do I return materials?
If you need to return materials, please use our outside book return. Library items from Hartland-Lakeside school can also be returned o us.
Are all materials available for pickup?
Yes! All materials at other libraries are available. We are no longer quarantining items that are returned in the drop box or items that we receive from other libraries in our transit. This means your holds will be available sooner than when the quarantine was in place.
What if I have mobility issues and cannot leave my vehicle?
Don’t worry! In this situation, we can put items in your truck or place them through a passenger window. Please notify staff of this situation when we call.
Do I need my library card?
We will ask to see your photo ID or library card through the glass door, before you grab your bag.
What if I have fines?
You can still pay your fines on our website. We will allow checkouts to patrons with less than $10 in fines.
What if I miss my pickup time?
If you miss your pickup time, call 262-367-3350 to reschedule. All holds that have not been picked up rescheduled after 24 hours will be cancelled.
What are you doing to protect the safety of patrons and staff?
The contactless service we are using provides maximum social distancing for both patrons and staff. Library staff will follow the safety guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control.